Thursday 5 March 2015

Bookish things I love - World Book Day Special!


Happy World Book Day 2015! I wonder how many parents were up way into to small hours putting the finishing touches to their children's favourite book character costumes? I must admit, although we used to try really hard to always make these, I used to find it a challenge for boys and several years we did resort to buying costumes from Woolworths that may possibly have been film characters, unless there were many books with Darth Vader or Storm Troopers in?

This was my favourite costume - Cat in the Hat - that we did actually make for our son when he was 6...a very long time ago!


And one of me when I was celebrating World Book Day at school, much to the disgust of the children who informed me that my scar was the wrong way round (I did it in the mirror!!)


Bookish goodies:



Imagine my joy when I saw this collection of stamps the Royal Mail have released!



See the full collection here: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland





I love Jenny Colgan's The Little Beach Street Bakery, and more recently Summer at the Little Beach Street Bakery. I loved the characters, the writing, the storyline etc...but most of all I LOVED Neil the Puffin and the magical essence he brings. 
I was delighted when Jenny gave him his own book for little ones!


No comments:

Post a Comment